Wednesday, November 02, 2005

VW headlight change...

So my friend Jenny told me that my headlight was out. This would be an easy fix on any non-German car but alas I own a VW Beetle circa 2001. So I found an online article 3 years ago.. I tried to find it.. no luck. But wait, I found the printout that I kept just in case! So I pressed the secret x marks the spot place inside the hood of the car near the headlight, and pushed the lever (these are not obvious btw) and out came the headlamp.
Beetle w/o its eye.. I mean headlight.
Unclipped the wire that was holding it to the car.

Then I took the lovely piece to the kitchen and unhooked the clips on the side of the casing, and then the wireclip holding the bulb. Used a paper towel to hold the new bulb (halogen bulbs do not like oil from our hands). Reversed the process and put it back in the car!

The headlight: A pain in the beetle.

The back of the headlight

And voila instant fix. :) Saved the $70 the dealership charged my coworker for the same thing.. cost of the bulb $7 from Walmart!

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job taking some time and doing it yourself. So I'm thinking of restoring a 67 chevy next week you think you can get on that for me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home